Go Further with Food
Happy National Nutrition Month! This year the Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics has choosen to highlight sustainable practices in relation to food. Here are a few tips from their website to help you go further:
- Shop local and buy what’s in season whenever possible!
- Check your cabinets and fridge before venturing out to the store. Get creative with what you already have on hand.
- Avoid waste by only purchasing what you will eat or freeze within a few days. Leftovers can be the beginning of a brand new meal.
- Maintain portion control. Remember, it’s easy to overeat when distracted by the TV or cell phone.
- Be active! Aim for thirty minutes of activity five times a week to stay healthy. Try to find an activity you truly like such as yoga, hiking, cycling, or simply go for walk/run outside!
Check out @hoyaeats on Instagram and Twitter, or visit our Facebook page for upcoming events!