High Standards of Nutrition
We hold ourselves to a high standard of nutrition and seek to offer healthy, nutritious options.
- Fry in zero trans-fat vegetable oil.
- Use a zero trans-fat, canola and extra virgin olive oil chef blend.
- Use a zero trans-fat, dairy-free margarine.
- Use all natural, allergen-free vegetable, chicken and beef bases.
- Identify “Smart Choice” items and 500 calories or less meal options.
- Provide a fully loaded salad bar filled with a variety of fresh vegetables, fruits and protein alternatives.
- Always have a lean protein option for every meal period – chicken, turkey, pork or fish.
- Always have low-fat milk, yogurt and cottage cheese.
- Always have whole wheat pasta and bread, and occasionally brown rice.
- Provide menus, nutritional information and ingredient listings on our website.
- Digital menu signage features nutritional and allergen information.
- Seek feedback from a Student Dining Committee on menus and nutritional programs.
It’s easy to overeat if you’re not sure of standard serving sizes. Over the past several years, food manufacturers and restaurants have increased portion sizes, much larger than most individuals need. Learn more for examples of serving sizes of common foods and the recommended number of servings for those consuming 2,000 calories per day.