We engage in community outreach in order to spread awareness of our efforts in sustainability as well as to educate and garner participation in our programs. We make it a top priority to partner with student-led environmental groups and other campus and community organizations on shared initiatives.
- We donate food to the DC Kitchen and Georgetown’s Mobile Soup Kitchen.
- We partner with the Office of Sustainability to seek out cross-promotional opportunities for waste-related initiatives, obtain and exchange waste diversion statistics, and organize recycling and composting pick-ups.
- We participate in the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education’s (AASHE®) Sustainability Tracking Assessment and Rating System (STARS®).
- We partner with the Sustainability Office to gain insight into top campus sustainability initiatives and to provide the office with the food and beverage purchasing data.
- We offer educational and awareness tabling and information sessions designed to engage students and promote current sustainable food efforts, highlight environmental holidays and gather support for current dining initiatives.
- We meet with a Student Dining Committee to discuss new and innovative sustainable dining initiatives.